ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically-assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Perform biomechanical, fitness, and functional assessments of clients who have suffered a soft tissue injury.
• Design, implement and supervise graded exercise, work conditioning and/or work hardening programs at the Newly Institute.
• Perform bi-weekly reassessment of client progress through functional testing and other physical assessment strategies.
• Assist the treating clinician with return-to-work planning.
• Ensure the gym area is presentable, organized and free of obvious safety hazards.
• Record functional and subjective findings in client charts on a regular basis to document progress.
• Work cooperatively with clients to set and achieve functional RTW goals.
• Work cooperatively with all members of the RTW team to ultimately ensure successful RTW.
• Conduct group orientation, education lectures, and regular one-on-one education to clients.
• Complete functional components of reports for initial, progress and discharge for RTW purposes.
• Conduct on-site visits with clients and employers to support a graduated RTW plan.
• Implement return to work plans with clients and employers to ensure a successful RTW.
• Be a graduate of a University Kinesiology program.
• Be eligible to register with the Alberta College of Kinesiologists (AKA).
• 1-2 years of clinical experience is considered a strong asset.
• Experience with WCB assessments and RTW programs considered a strong asset.
• Have excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Be comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with clients in a clinic/gym setting.
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals.
• All team members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.