ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is
a regulated member of the interprofessional health care team who is responsible for completing medical
assessments, diagnosing, prescribing medications, developing, and implementing client plans/care that address both physical and psycho-social care needs.
The NP will take part in case consultation and work closely with our psychiatry, addiction, chronic pain, psychology, and nursing team. The NPs have leadership roles on their teams, serve as mentors and preceptors, and play significant roles in the provision of collaborative care at The Newly. The NP teaches, counsels and advocates to enhance health and well-being of clients and families.
You will be working with different cohorts of clients for a minimum of 4-weeks, in various programs including our Intensive Outpatient Program and Flex Program, which may include evenings and weekends.
• Completes comprehensive client assessments, considering both physical and psycho-social care needs
• Diagnose and provide intervention for health conditions
• Promote health and provide patient education
• Order and interpret some diagnostic tests
• Prescribe pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other therapies
• Timely admission, progress and discharge reports to various referral sources
• Provide mentorship to members of the multidisciplinary team
• Client care plans are kept current and reflect the input of the client
• Provision of supportive interventions to clients to help maintain optimum functioning both physically and psychosocially
• Continuous learning and professional self-development
• Graduation from a recognized Nurse Practitioner program.
• Current and active registration with CARNA required.
• Completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program, BLS-C and triplicate prescribing authority
• Strong communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of a
• Demonstrated leadership skills required.
• Experience in mental health, chronic pain, addiction and trauma is an asset
• Communicates in a positive and respectful manner
• Maintains professional and ethical standards at all times
• Provides care that meets professional standards and organizational standards
• Demonstrates self awareness of leadership strengths and limitations
• Assertive, professional and positive, with an ability to effectively represent the organization
• Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon
hire or provide a valid medical exemption.