ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to VP, Clinical Operations, you will be working with a cohort of clients daily that changes every 4 weeks.
The work with clients will include therapeutic interventions that support the client returning to meaningful activities in life following the completion of the Intensive Outpatient Program or the Flex Program. Occupational Therapy is key to setting clients up for success in the future.
• Individual sessions to determine OT involvement for self-care, productivity, and leisure endeavors.
• Implementation of evidence-based practices for the resolution and/ or management of the client’s symptom experience.
• Facilitating group topics related to psychological well-being.
• Coordinating services and facilitating outcomes for return to work with the client, employer, and
WCB case managers. This may include both attendance in meetings and development of
appropriate return to work plans supporting sustainability in the workplace.
• Occupational Therapist, Masters level, preferred
• Must be Registered and in good standing with your College.
• 5 year experience in mental health dealing with trauma.
• Experience with return to work strategies and interventions.
• Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination
upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.