ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations, the Registered Nurse (RN) is
a regulated member of the interprofessional health care team who is responsible for completing comprehensive client assessments, developing and implementing client plans/care that address both physical and psycho-social care needs.
You will be working with different cohorts of clients for a minimum of 4-weeks, in various programs including our Intensive Outpatient Program and Flex Program, which may
include evenings and weekends.
This position administers prescribed medications and collaborates with
the interdisciplinary team. The registered nurse teaches, counsels and advocates to enhance health and well-being of clients and families. The focus and core of all nursing practice is the provision of direct care
• Completes comprehensive client assessments, considering both physical and psycho-social care needs
• Uses standard assessment tools, screening tools and additional tools dependent on client needs
• Demonstrates comprehensive clinical assessment skills incorporating relevant clinical information
• Client care plans are kept current and reflect the input of the client
• Provision of supportive interventions to clients to help maintain optimum functioning both physically and psychosocially
• Clients receive medications as prescribed
• Client care (physical and psychosocial) are evaluated
• Clients’ health records accurately reflect the care provided
• Clients receive coordinated collaborative care within the interdisciplinary team
• Continuous learning and professional self development
• Assist in grounding and reflection post psychopharmacological treatment
• Graduation from a recognized nursing program; BScN is preferred; CNA Certification an asset.
• Current and active registration with CARNA required.
• Current and active Basic Life Support
• Provider CPR is required.
• 3 years nursing experience is preferred. Demonstrated leadership skills required.
• Experience in mental health and trauma is an asset
• Communicates in a positive and respectful manner
• Maintains professional and ethical standards at all times
• Clients receive care that meets professional standards and organizational standards
• Demonstrates self awareness of leadership strengths and limitations
• Demonstrates management of own emotions
• Develops own skills and knowledge
• Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.