First Responders Mental Health NS Conference
Time & Location
About the event
This two-day, in-person event will offer expert speakers and dynamic sessions on a range of mental health topics, including resilience, workplace psychological safety, navigating psychological injuries, developing peer support programs and more.
The conference will also include presentations on several best practice workplace mental health programs that are helping first responders and their employers here in Nova Scotia and across Canada.
Internationally-renowned mental health speaker, Sajel Bellon will deliver the conference opening keynote address. Ms Bellon is an accomplished Professor, Psychotherapist, and the Founder of Mind Armour & SOS Psychotherapy. Other well-known conference presenters include:
- Dr. Jeff Morley, Registered Psychologist and former RCMP Sergeant
- Dr. Erika Sabbath ScD, Associate Professor at Boston College
- Dr. Robert Tanguay, CEO, The Newly Institute
- Colleen Kamps and Roger Forget of the Tema Foundation
- Anita Watts, Certified Trauma Coach
- Steve Foran, P.Eng, CSP, MBA, President, Gratitude in the Workplace
- Big Daddy Taz, Mental Health Speaker and Comedian